91 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 91 for .
Geologic Time: Era and Period
Geologic Time: Epoch and Age
91 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 91 results for author "William A. Thomas" .
- Restricted accessGrenville basement structure associated with the Eastern Tennessee seismic zone, southeastern USABy Christine A. Powell and William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 2016 in Geology 44 (1)DOI: 10.1130/G37269.1Christine A. PowellCenter for Earthquake Research and Information, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USAWilliam A. ThomasGeological Survey of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35486, USA
- Open AccessDetrital-zircon geochronology and sedimentary provenanceBy William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 2011 in Lithosphere 3 (4)DOI: 10.1130/RF.L001.1...in the Appalachian basin to the history of Alleghanian deformation : American Journal of Science , v. 306 , p. 777 – 798 , doi:10.2475/10.2006.01 . ↵ Bloch J.D. , Timmons J.M. , Crossey L.J. , Gehrels G.E. , Karlstrom K.E. , 2006 , Mudstone petrology of the Mesoproterozoic Unkar Group, Grand Canyon, U.S.A ~~~William A. Thomas
- Restricted accessThe Iapetan rifted margin of southern LaurentiaBy William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 2011 in Geosphere 7 (1)DOI: 10.1130/GES00574.1...The Iapetan rifted margin of southern Laurentia William A. Thomas * Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 40506-0053, USA * email@example.com . Abstract The Iapetan rifted margin of southern ~~~William A. Thomas
- Restricted accessMushwad: Ductile Duplex in the Appalachian Thrust Belt in AlabamaBy William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 2001 in AAPG Bulletin 85 (10)DOI: 10.1306/8626D08B-173B-11D7-8645000102C1865DWilliam A. Thomas
- Restricted accessDetrital zircons from crystalline rocks along the Southern Oklahoma fault system, Wichita and Arbuckle Mountains, USABy William A. Thomas, George E. Gehrels and Mariah C. RomeroArticle | Published in 2016 in Geosphere 12 (4)DOI: 10.1130/GES01316.1...03017 , doi:10.1029/2007GC001805. ↵ Gleason , J.D. , Gehrels , G.E. , Dickinson , W.R. , Patchett , P.J. , and Kring , D.A. , 2007 , Sources of detrital zircon grains in turbidite and deltaic sandstones of the lower to middle Pennsylvanian Haymond Formation, Marathon assemblage, Texas : Journal ~~~William A. ThomasGeological Survey of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35486, USAGeorge E. GehrelsDepartment of Geosciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USAMariah C. RomeroDepartment of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
- Restricted accessPennsylvanian sinistral faults along the southwest boundary of the Uncompahgre uplift, Ancestral Rocky Mountains, ColoradoBy William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 2007 in Geosphere 3 (3)DOI: 10.1130/GES00068.1...Pennsylvanian sinistral faults along the southwest boundary of the Uncompahgre uplift, Ancestral Rocky Mountains, Colorado William A. Thomas * 1 1Department of Geological Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0053, USA Abstract ~~~William A. Thomas
- Restricted accessDetrital-zircon geochronology and provenance of the Ocloyic synorogenic clastic wedge, and Ordovician accretion of the Argentine Precordillera terraneBy William A. Thomas, Ricardo A. Astini, Paul A. Mueller and William C. McClellandArticle | Published in 2015 in Geosphere 11 (6)DOI: 10.1130/GES01212.1...Detrital-zircon geochronology and provenance of the Ocloyic synorogenic clastic wedge, and Ordovician accretion of the Argentine Precordillera terrane William A. Thomas 1 , Ricardo A. Astini 2 , Paul A. Mueller 3 and William C. McClelland 4 ~~~William A. ThomasGeological Survey of Alabama, 420 Hackberry Lane, P.O. Box 869999, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35486-6999, USARicardo A. AstiniCentro de Investigaciones en Ciencias de la Tierra, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Avenida Velez Sarsfield 1611, Córdoba, X501GCA, ArgentinaPaul A. MuellerDepartment of Geological Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USAWilliam C. McClellandDepartment of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
- Restricted accessDIACHRONOUS THRUST LOADING AND FAULT PARTITIONING OF THE BLACK WARRIOR FORELAND BASIN WITHIN THE ALABAMA RECESS OF THE LATE PALEOZOIC APPALACHIAN—OUACHITA THRUST BELTBy WILLIAM A. THOMASChapter | Published in 1994 in Stratigraphic Evolution of Foreland BasinsPublisher: SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology)...sepspsef;1/1/pg_111 10.2110/pec.95.52 1-56576-016-6 DIACHRONOUS THRUST LOADING AND FAULT PARTITIONING OF THE BLACK WARRIOR FORELAND BASIN WITHIN THE ALABAMA RECESS OF THE LATE PALEOZOIC APPALACHIAN—OUACHITA THRUST BELT WILLIAM A WILLIAM THOMAS WILLIAM A, THOMAS W THOMAS WILLIAM THOMAS, W.A WILLIAM ~~~WILLIAM A. THOMAS
- Restricted accessSubmergence of Vegetated Wetlands in Fluvial-Deltaic Areas, Texas Gulf CoastBy William A. White and Thomas R. CalnanChapter | Published in 1990 in Coastal Depositional Systems in the Gulf of Mexico: Quaternary Framework and Environmental Issues: 12th AnnualPublisher: SOCIETY OF ECONOMIC PALEONTOLOGISTS AND MINERALOGISTS...10.5724/gcs.91.12.0278 10.5724/gcs.91.12 gcs009;1/1/pg_whitecalnan 978-1-944966-09-6 Submergence of Vegetated Wetlands in Fluvial-Deltaic Areas, Texas Gulf Coast William White William A. ThomasR Calnan William A Calnan, T.R White, WA Thomas R, Calnan Thomas R Calnan Thomas WA White W White Thomas ~~~William A. WhiteThomas R. Calnan
- Restricted accessLow-angle detachment geometry of the late Precambrian-Cambrian Appalachian-Ouachita rifted margin of southeastern North AmericaBy William A. ThomasArticle | Published in 1993 in Geology 21 (10)DOI: 10.1130/0091-7613(1993)021<0921:LADGOT>2.3.CO;2William A. Thomas