5 results found
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 results for author "Stephen C. Ruppel" .
- Restricted accessPetrology and depositional history of a Middle Ordovician carbonate platform: Chickamauga Group, northeastern TennesseeBy STEPHEN C. RUPPEL and KENNETH R. WALKERArticle | Published in 1984 in Geological Society of America Bulletin 95 (5)DOI: 10.1130/0016-7606(1984)95<568:PADHOA>2.0.CO;2...by gradual shallowing on the platform. Continued terrigenous input and shallowing ultimately resulted in the development of terrigenous-carbonate tidal flats throughout the area. Depositional facies detail the developmental history of a foreland basin in an active margin setting.--Modified journal abstract ~~~STEPHEN C. RUPPELKENNETH R. WALKER
- Restricted accessA model for carbonate to terrigenous clastic sequencesBy KENNETH R. WALKER, GANAPATHY SHANMUGAM and STEPHEN C. RUPPELArticle | Published in 1983 in Geological Society of America Bulletin 94 (6)DOI: 10.1130/0016-7606(1983)94<700:AMFCTT>2.0.CO;2...is filled, a subsequent starved basin forms on the old carbonate shelf, and a new carbonate shelf margin forms a few to tens of kilometres farther from the terrigenous source.--Modified journal abstract. illus. incl. 1 table, sketch maps Mobil Field Res. Lab. USA United States Bur. Econ. Geol. (Tex.) USA ~~~KENNETH R. WALKERGANAPATHY SHANMUGAMSTEPHEN C. RUPPEL
- Restricted accessKey Role of Outcrops and Cores in Carbonate Reservoir Characterization and Modeling, Lower Permian Fullerton Field, Permian Basin, United StatesBy Stephen C. Ruppel and Rebecca H. JonesChapter | Published in 2006 in Giant Hydrocarbon Reservoirs of the World: From Rocks to Reservoir Characterization and ModelingPublisher: American Association of Petroleum Geologists and SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology)ISBN (electronic): 978-0-89181-369-9Stephen C. RuppelRebecca H. Jones
- Restricted accessDolomitization of Shallow-Water Platform Carbonates by Sea Water and Seawater-Derived Brines: San Andres Formation (Guadalupian), West TexasBy Stephen C. Ruppel and Harris S. CanderChapter | Published in 1988 in Sedimentology and Geochemistry of DolostonesPublisher: SEPM Society for Sedimentary GeologyISBN (electronic): 978-1-56576-169-8Stephen C. RuppelHarris S. Cander
- Restricted accessHigh-resolution 87Sr/86Sr chemostratigraphy of the Silurian: Implications for event correlation and strontium fluxBy Stephen C. Ruppel, Eric W. James, James E. Barrick, Godfrey Nowlan and T. T. UyenoArticle | Published in 1996 in Geology 24 (9)DOI: 10.1130/0091-7613(1996)024<0831:HRSSCO>2.3.CO;2Stephen C. RuppelEric W. JamesJames E. BarrickGodfrey NowlanT. T. Uyeno