121 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 121 for .
Geologic Time: Era and Period
Geologic Time: Epoch and Age
121 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 121 results for author "H. E. Thomas" .
- Restricted accessTime‐Dependent Renewal‐Model Probabilities When Date of Last Earthquake is UnknownBy Edward H. Field and Thomas H. JordanArticle | Published in 2015 in Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 105 (1)DOI: 10.1785/0120140096...plots are for aperiodicity (α) values of 0.2 and 0.7, respectively. 462 Short Note References Cornell, C. A., and S. R. Winterstein (1988). Temporal and magnitude dependence in earthquake recurrence models, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am. 78, 1522–1537. Field, E. H. (2007). A summary of previous working groups ~~~Edward H. FieldU.S. Geological Survey, Denver Federal Center, PO Box 25046, MS 966, Denver, Colorado 80225‐0046Thomas H. JordanUniversity of Southern California, Southern California Earthquake Center, 3651 Trousdale Parkway #169, Los Angeles, California 90089‐0742
- Restricted accessFluctuations of ground-water levels during the earthquakes of November 10, 1938, and January 24, 1939By H. E. ThomasArticle | Published in 1940 in Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 30 (2)...the water in the wells rose above and fell below the 1 H. T. Stearns, T. W. Robinson, and G. H. Taylor, "Geology and Water Resources of the Mokelumnc Area, California," Geol. Surv. Water-Supply Paper,619, pp. 145-151 (1930); A. M. Piper, H. S. Gale, H. E. Thomas, and T. W. Robinson, Geology and Ground ~~~H. E. Thomas
- Open AccessOn the colorimetric measurement of aqueous Si in the presence of organic ligands and common pH buffering agentsBy Thomas Rinder and Eric H. OelkersArticle | Published in 2014 in Mineralogical Magazine 78 (6)DOI: 10.1180/minmag.2014.078.6.10Thomas RinderGET/CNRS, 14 avenue Édouard Belin, 31400, Toulouse, FranceEric H. OelkersGET/CNRS, 14 avenue Édouard Belin, 31400, Toulouse, FranceEarth Science, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
- Restricted accessLocal glaciation in West Greenland linked to North Atlantic Ocean circulation during the HoloceneBy Avriel D. Schweinsberg, Jason P. Briner, Gifford H. Miller, Ole Bennike and Elizabeth K. ThomasArticle | Published in 2017 in Geology 45 (3)Publisher: Geological Society of AmericaDOI: 10.1130/G38114.1...Canada: Journal of Quaternary Science, v. 25, p. 146–161, doi: 10 .1002 /jqs .1286. Thomas, E.K., Briner, J.P., Henry, J.R., and Huang, Y., 2016, A major increase in winter snowfall during the middle Holocene on western Greenland caused by reduced sea ice in Baffin Bay and the Labrador Sea: Geophysical ~~~Avriel D. SchweinsbergDepartment of Geology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USAJason P. BrinerDepartment of Geology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USAGifford H. MillerINSTAAR, and Department of Geological Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USAOle BennikeGeological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Øster Voldgade 10, DK-1350 Copenhagen K, DenmarkElizabeth K. ThomasDepartment of Geology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USADepartment of Geosciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
- Restricted accessTesting Waveform Predictions of 3D Velocity Models against Two Recent Los Angeles EarthquakesBy En‐Jui Lee, Po Chen and Thomas H. JordanArticle | Published in 2014 in Seismological Research Letters 85 (6)DOI: 10.1785/0220140093...tensors Southern California earthquake prediction ground motion synthetic seismograms epicenters seismic waves earthquakes crust Jordan, Thomas H Thomas H Jordan, T.H En‐Jui, Lee P Chen ThomasH Jordan En-Jui Thomas Lee, E Jordan Lee En‐Jui Po Chen Thomas H Jordan Thomas H, Jordan E Lee Po Chen, P Jordan ~~~En‐Jui LeeSouthern California Earthquake Center, 3651 Trousdale Pkwy, Los Angeles, California 90089 U.S.A. email@example.comPo ChenDepartment of Geology and Geophysics, University of Wyoming, 1000 E University Ave, Laramie, Wyoming 82071 U.S.A.Thomas H. JordanDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Southern California, 3651 Trousdale Pkwy, Los Angeles, California 90089 U.S.A.
- Restricted accessGeologic analysis of the Upper Jurassic Haynesville Shale in east Texas and west Louisiana: ReplyBy Ursula Hammes, H. Scott Hamlin and Thomas E. EwingArticle | Published in 2013 in AAPG Bulletin 97 (3)DOI: 10.1306/07301212114Ursula HammesBureau of Economic Geology, Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas, Austin, Texas; firstname.lastname@example.orgH. Scott HamlinBureau of Economic Geology, Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas, Austin, Texas; email@example.comThomas E. EwingYegua Energy Associates, San Antonio, Texas; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restricted accessThe Potential Uses of Operational Earthquake ForecastingBy Edward H. Field, Thomas H. Jordan, Lucile M. Jones, Andrew J. Michael and Michael L. BlanpiedArticle | Published in 2016 in Seismological Research Letters 87 (2A)DOI: 10.1785/0220150174Edward H. FieldU.S. Geological Survey, Denver Federal Center, P.O. Box 25046, MS 966, Denver, Colorado 80225‐0046 U.S.A. email@example.comThomas H. JordanSouthern California Earthquake Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089‐0742 U.S.A. firstname.lastname@example.orgLucile M. JonesU.S. Geological Survey, 525 South Wilson Avenue, Pasadena, California 91125 U.S.A. email@example.comAndrew J. MichaelU.S. Geological Survey, 345 Middlefield Road MS 977, Menlo Park, California 94025 U.S.A. firstname.lastname@example.orgMichael L. BlanpiedU.S. Geological Survey, 12201 Sunrise Valley Drive, Mail Stop 905, Reston, Virginia 20192‐0002 U.S.A. email@example.com
- Restricted accessCOPEPOD MANDIBLE PALYNOMORPHS FROM THE NOLICHUCKY SHALE (CAMBRIAN, TENNESSEE): IMPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPHONOMY AND RECOVERY OF SMALL CARBONACEOUS FOSSILSBy THOMAS H. P. HARVEY and BRIAN E. PEDDERArticle | Published in 2013 in PALAIOS 28 (5)Publisher: SEPM Society for Sedimentary GeologyDOI: 10.2110/palo.2012.p12-124r...of the terminal Cambrian grand cycle in the southern Appalachians, U.S.A.: Journal of Sedimentary Research, v. 70, p. 952–963, doi: 10.1306/ 2DC40943-0E47-11D7-8643000102C1865D. GUIDO, A., JACOB, J., GAUTRET, P., LAGGOUN-DE´FARGE, F., MASTANDREA, A., and RUSSO, F., 2007, Molecular fossils and other organic ~~~THOMAS H. P. HARVEYDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EQ, UK, firstname.lastname@example.orgBRIAN E. PEDDERDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EQ, UK, email@example.com Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restricted accessStatic deformations from point forces and force couples located in welded elastic Poissonian half-spaces: Implications for seismic moment tensorsBy Thomas H. Heaton and Robert E. HeatonArticle | Published in 1989 in Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 79 (3)...Copyright © 1989, by the Seismological Society of America Static deformations from point forces and force couples located in welded elastic Poissonian half-spaces: Implications for seismic moment tensors Thomas H. Heaton and Robert E. Heaton ~~~Thomas H. HeatonRobert E. Heaton
- Restricted accessSeismicity in Deep Gold Mines of South Africa: Implications for Tectonic EarthquakesBy Eliza Richardson and Thomas H. JordanArticle | Published in 2002 in Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 92 (5)DOI: 10.1785/0120000226...Angeles, California (T.H.J.) Department of Geosciences Pennsylvania State University University Park, Pennsylvania (E.R.) Abstract We have studied induced seismicity associated with five deep gold mines located in the Far West Rand district, Republic of South Africa ~~~Eliza RichardsonThomas H. Jordan