27 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 27 results for author "C. L. E. Lewis" .
- Restricted access‘Our favourite science’: Lord Bute and James Parkinson searching for a Theory of the EarthBy Cherry L. E. LewisChapter | Published in 2009 in Geology and Religion: A History of Harmony and HostilityISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-558-9Cherry L. E. Lewis
- Restricted accessArthur Holmes' unifying theory: from radioactivity to continental driftBy Cherry L. E. LewisChapter | Published in 2002 in The Earth Inside and Out: Some Major Contributions to Geology in the Twentieth CenturyISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-440-7Cherry L. E. Lewis
- Restricted accessDoctoring geology:: the medical origins of the Geological SocietyBy Cherry L. E. LewisChapter | Published in 2009 in The Making of the Geological Society of LondonISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-565-7Cherry L. E. Lewis
- Restricted accessDeformation bands in nonwelded ignimbrites: Petrophysical controls on fault-zone deformation and evidence of preferential fluid flowBy Jennifer E. Wilson, Laurel B. Goodwin and Claudia J. LewisArticle | Published in 2003 in Geology 31 (10)Publisher: Geological Society of AmericaDOI: 10.1130/G19667R.1Jennifer E. WilsonLaurel B. GoodwinClaudia J. Lewis
- Restricted accessThe age of the Earth in the United States (1891–1931): from the geological viewpointBy Ellis L. Yochelson and Cherry L. E. LewisChapter | Published in 2001 in The Age of the Earth: From 4004 BC to AD 2002ISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-438-4Ellis L. YochelsonCherry L. E. Lewis
- Restricted accessPALEOECOLOGIC ASSESSMENT OF AN EDRIOASTEROID (ECHINODERMATA)–ENCRUSTED HARDGROUND FROM THE UPPER ORDOVICIAN (MAYSVILLIAN) BELLEVUE MEMBER, MAYSVILLE, KENTUCKYBy RENÉ A. SHROAT-LEWIS, MICHAEL L. McKINNEY, CARLTON E. BRETT, DAVID L. MEYER and COLIN D. SUMRALLArticle | Published in 2011 in PALAIOS 26 (8)Publisher: SEPM Society for Sedimentary GeologyDOI: 10.2110/palo.2010.p10-141r...¨tten: A taphonomic consequence of event sedimentation, in Einsele, G., Ricken, W., and Seilacher, A., eds., Cycles and Events in Stratigraphy: Springer-Verlag, Berlin, p. 283–297. BROWER, J.C., 2006, Ontogeny of the food-gathering system in Ordovician crinoids: Journal of Paleontology, v. 80 ~~~RENÉ A. SHROAT-LEWISMICHAEL L. McKINNEYCARLTON E. BRETTDAVID L. MEYERCOLIN D. SUMRALL