33 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 33 results for author "A. D. Hughes" .
- Restricted accessThe impact of hydrogeology on the instability of a road cutting through a drumlin in Northern IrelandBy D. A. B. Hughes, G. R. T. Clarke, R. M. G. Harley and S. L. BarbourArticle | Published in 2016 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 49 (1)DOI: 10.1144/qjegh2014-101...–wetland ecosystem interaction in the semiarid glaciated plains of North America . Hydrogeology Journal , 17 , 203 – 214 . The impact of hydrogeology on the instability of a road cutting through a drumlin in Northern Ireland D. A. B. Hughes 1 , G. R. T. Clarke 2 , R. M. G. Harley 1 , * and S. L. Barbour 3 1School ~~~D. A. B. HughesSchool of Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast BT7 5AG, UKG. R. T. ClarkeSweco Norge AS, Drammensveien 260, Box 80, 0212 Oslo, NorgeR. M. G. HarleySchool of Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast BT7 5AG, UKS. L. BarbourDepartment of Civil and Geological Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2, Canada
- Open AccessContrasting mechanisms for crustal sulphur contamination of mafic magma: evidence from dyke and sill complexes from the British Palaeogene Igneous ProvinceBy Hannah S. R. Hughes, Adrian J. Boyce, Iain McDonald, Brett Davidheiser-Kroll, David A. Holwell, Alison McDonald and Anthony OldroydArticle | Published in 2015 in Journal of the Geological Society 172 (4)DOI: 10.1144/jgs2014-112...Oldroyd Boyce, Adrian J Boyce Adrian J. David A Holwell Alison McDonald McDonald Boyce, A.J Holwell, David A Alison McDonald Alison DA Holwell Iain McDonald A Boyce Alison, McDonald Brett DavidheiserKroll Oldroyd Anthony McDonald, Alison David Holwell Anthony Adrian J, Boyce Holwell, D H.S. Hughes Oldroyd ~~~Hannah S. R. HughesSchool of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UKPresent address: School of Geosciences, University of Witwatersrand, PVT Bag 3, Wits 2050, Johannesburg, South AfricaAdrian J. BoyceScottish Universities Environment Research Centre, Rankine Avenue, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0QF, UKIain McDonaldSchool of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UKBrett Davidheiser-KrollScottish Universities Environment Research Centre, Rankine Avenue, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0QF, UKDavid A. HolwellDepartment of Geology, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UKAlison McDonaldScottish Universities Environment Research Centre, Rankine Avenue, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0QF, UKAnthony OldroydSchool of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
- Open AccessJoint Editorial—Fostering Innovation and Improving Impact Assessment for Journal Publications in HydrologyBy Demetris Koutsoyiannis, Günter Blöschl, András Bárdossy, Christophe Cudennec, Denis Hughes, Alberto Montanari, Insa Neuweiler and Hubert SavenijeArticle | Published in 2016 in Vadose Zone Journal 15 (4)Publisher: Soil Science Society of AmericaDOI: 10.2136/vzj2016.01.0002ed...Editorial—Fostering Innovation and Improving Impact Assessment for Journal Publications in Hydrology Demetris Koutsoyiannis a , Günter Blöschl b , András Bárdossy c , Christophe Cudennec d , Denis Hughes e , Alberto Montanari f , Insa Neuweiler g and Hubert Savenije h aCo-editor, Hydrological Sciences ~~~Demetris KoutsoyiannisCo-editor, Hydrological Sciences Journal and Editor, Hydrology and Earth System SciencesGünter BlöschlEditor, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, and Editor, Water Resources ResearchAndrás BárdossyEditor-in-Chief, Journal of HydrologyChristophe CudennecEditor-in-Chief, Proceedings of the International Association of Hydrological SciencesDenis HughesEditor-in-Chief, Journal of Hydrology: Regional StudiesAlberto MontanariEditor-in-Chief, Water Resources ResearchInsa NeuweilerCo-editor, Vadose Zone JournalHubert SavenijeExecutive Editor, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences
- Restricted accessModel fusion at the British Geological Survey: experiences and future trendsBy Denis Peach, Andrew Riddick, Andrew Hughes, Holger Kessler, Steve Mathers, Christopher Jackson and Jeremy GilesChapter | Published in 2017 in Integrated Environmental Modelling to Solve Real World Problems: Methods, Vision and ChallengesISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-696-8...that have been built in an ad hoc way over the last 5–10 years will be encompassed in a National Geological Model that will be multi-scaled, beginning with onshore UK and eventually including the offshore continental shelf. The future will be characterized by the routine delivery of 3D model products from ~~~Denis PeachAndrew RiddickAndrew HughesHolger KesslerSteve MathersChristopher JacksonJeremy Giles
- Restricted accessControls of size and shape of natural armourstoneBy T. E. Dibb, D. W. Hughes and A. B. PooleArticle | Published in 1983 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 16 (1)DOI: 10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1983.016.01.03...of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 1470-9236 2041-4803 Geological Society of London 10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1983.016.01.03 ;16/1/31 2008063281 31 GSL.QJEG.1983.016.01.03 Article Controls of size and shape of natural armourstone Dibb T. E. Hughes D. W. Poole ~~~T. E. DibbD. W. HughesA. B. Poole
- Restricted accessThe identification of critical factors affecting rock durability in marine environmentsBy T. E. Dibb, D. W. Hughes and A. B. PooleArticle | Published in 1983 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 16 (2)DOI: 10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1983.016.02.08...-058755 P 0481-2085 QJEGA7 The Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology 16 2 O The identification of critical factors affecting rock durability in marine environments Dibb, T. E. Hughes, D. W. Poole, A. B. Queen Mary Coll. London E1 4NS GBR United Kingdom 149-161 1983 EL English Scottish Academic Press ~~~T. E. DibbD. W. HughesA. B. Poole
- Restricted accessEarthworks emissions in construction of a highwayBy H. Pantelidou, D. Nicholson, L. Hughes, A. Jukes and L. WellappiliChapter | Published in 2012 in Earthworks in EuropeISBN (electronic): 978-1-86239-633-3H. PantelidouD. NicholsonL. HughesA. JukesL. Wellappili
- Restricted accessA regional chemostratigraphically-defined correlation framework for the late Triassic TAG-I Formation in Blocks 402 and 405a, AlgeriaBy K. T. Ratcliffe, J. Martin, T. J. Pearce, A. D. Hughes, D. E. Lawton, D. S. Wray and F. BessaArticle | Published in 2006 in Petroleum Geoscience 12 (1)DOI: 10.1144/1354-079305-669...-Greseux Inferieur, Berkine Basin, Algeria. Journal of Petroleum Geology , 28 2005 . 3 –20. ↵ Turner , P. , Pilling, D., Walker, D., Exton, J., Binnie, J., Sabaou, N., Sequence stratigraphy and sedimentology of the late Triassic TAG-I (Blocks 401/402, Berkine Basin, Algeria). Marine and Petroleum Geology , 18 2001 ~~~K. T. RatcliffeJ. MartinT. J. PearceA. D. HughesD. E. LawtonD. S. WrayF. Bessa
- Restricted accessTourmaline of the elbaite-schorl series from the Himalaya Mine, Mesa Grande, California: A detailed investigationBy Andreas Ertl, George R. Rossman, John M. Hughes, David London, Ying Wang, Julie A. O’Leary, M. Darby Dyar, Stefan Prowatke, Thomas Ludwig and Ekkehart TillmannsArticle | Published in 2010 in American Mineralogist 95 (1)Publisher: Mineralogical Society of AmericaDOI: 10.2138/am.2010.3271Andreas ErtlGeorge R. RossmanJohn M. HughesDavid LondonYing WangJulie A. O’LearyM. Darby DyarStefan ProwatkeThomas LudwigEkkehart Tillmanns
- Restricted accessMn-rich tourmaline from Austria: structure, chemistry, optical spectra, and relations to synthetic solid solutionsBy Andreas Ertl, John M. Hughes, Stefan Prowatke, George R. Rossman, David London and Eric A. FritzArticle | Published in 2004 in American Mineralogist 88 (8-9)Publisher: Mineralogical Society of AmericaDOI: 10.2138/am-2003-8-921Andreas ErtlInstitut für Mineralogie und Kristallographie, Geozentrum, Universität Wien, Althanstrasse 14, A-1090 Vienna, AustriaJohn M. HughesDepartment of Geology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, U.S.A.Stefan ProwatkeMineralogisches Institut, Universität Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 236, D-69120 Heidelberg, GermanyGeorge R. RossmanDivision of Geological and Planetary Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125-2500, U.S.A.David LondonSchool of Geology and Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, 100 East Boyd Street, Room 810 SEC, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, U.S.A.Eric A. Fritz3541 Paseo de Francisco no. 240, Oceanside, California 92056, U.S.A.