490 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 490 for .
Geologic Time: Era and Period
Geologic Time: Epoch and Age
490 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 490 results for term "*" .
- Restricted accessThe US Geological Survey’s Military Geology Unit in World War II: ‘the Army’s pet prophets’By C. M. Nelson and E. P. F. RoseArticle | Published in 2012 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 45 (3)DOI: 10.1144/1470-9236/11-054C. M. Nelson1US Geological Survey, 950 National Center, Reston, VA 20192, USAE. P. F. Rose2Department of Earth Sciences, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham TW20 0EX, UK
- Restricted accessTerrain evaluation for Allied military operations in Europe and the Far East during World War II: ‘secret’ British reports and specialist maps generated by the Geological Section, Inter-Service Topographical DepartmentBy E.P.F. Rose and J.C. ClatworthyArticle | Published in 2008 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 41 (2)DOI: 10.1144/1470-9236/07-016E.P.F. RoseJ.C. Clatworthy
- Restricted accessEstimation of the mean and reproducibility of aggregate compositions based on constituent mass dataBy R. J. HowarthArticle | Published in 2000 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 33 (3)DOI: 10.1144/qjegh.33.3.247R. J. Howarth
- Restricted accessGeological education for undergraduate civil engineersBy David Charles Cawsey and Christopher Michael George FrancisArticle | Published in 1970 in Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology 3 (4)DOI: 10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1970.003.04.04David Charles CawseyChristopher Michael George Francis
- Restricted accessEffective stress history and the potential for seismicity associated with hydraulic fracturing of shale reservoirsBy T. R. HarperArticle | Published in 2014 in Journal of the Geological Society 171 (4)DOI: 10.1144/jgs2013-149T. R. HarperGeosphere Ltd., Netherton Farm, Sheepwash, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5PL, UKCollege of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, EX4 4QF UK
- Restricted accessBrittle structures focused on subtle crustal heterogeneities: implications for flow in fractured rocksBy A. M. Soden, Z. K. Shipton, R. J. Lunn, S. I. Pytharouli, J. D. Kirkpatrick, A. F. Do Nascimento and F. H. R. BezerraArticle | Published in 2014 in Journal of the Geological Society 171 (4)DOI: 10.1144/jgs2013-051A. M. SodenDepartment of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, G1 1XJ, UKPresent address: School of Geological Sciences, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, IrelandZ. K. ShiptonDepartment of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, G1 1XJ, UKR. J. LunnDepartment of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, G1 1XJ, UKS. I. PytharouliDepartment of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, G1 1XJ, UKJ. D. KirkpatrickDepartment of Geosciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 80523, USAA. F. Do NascimentoDepartment of Geophysics, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, 59078-970, BrazilF. H. R. BezerraDepartment of Geophysics, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, 59078-970, Brazil
- Restricted accessThe gigantic Seymareh (Saidmarreh) rock avalanche, Zagros Fold–Thrust Belt, IranBy Nicholas J. Roberts and Stephen G. EvansArticle | Published in 2013 in Journal of the Geological Society 170 (4)DOI: 10.1144/jgs2012-090Nicholas J. RobertsDepartment of Earth Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby V5A 1S6, BC, CanadaStephen G. EvansDepartment of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, Waterloo N2L 3G1, ON, Canada
- Restricted accessFirst account of resistivity borehole micro-imaging (FMI) to assess the sedimentology and structure of the Preesall Halite, NW England: implications for gas storage and wider applications in CCS caprock assessmentBy D. J. Evans, A. Kingdon, E. Hough, W. Reynolds and N. HeitmannArticle | Published in 2012 in Journal of the Geological Society 169 (5)DOI: 10.1144/0016-76492011-143D. J. Evans1British Geological Survey, Keyworth, Nottingham NG12 5GG, UKA. Kingdon1British Geological Survey, Keyworth, Nottingham NG12 5GG, UKE. Hough1British Geological Survey, Keyworth, Nottingham NG12 5GG, UKW. Reynolds2Halite Energy Group Ltd, Unit 5, St Georges Court, St Georges Park, Kirkham PR4 2EF, UKN. Heitmann2Halite Energy Group Ltd, Unit 5, St Georges Court, St Georges Park, Kirkham PR4 2EF, UK
- Restricted accessQuantifying creep behaviour of clay-bearing rocks below the critical stress state for rapid failure: Mam Tor landslide, Derbyshire, EnglandBy E.H. Rutter and S. GreenArticle | Published in 2011 in Journal of the Geological Society 168 (2)DOI: 10.1144/0016-76492010-133E.H. RutterS. Green
- Restricted accessEvolution of damage zone geometry and intensity in porous sandstone: insight gained from strain energy densityBy Chris. H. Okubo and Richard A. SchultzArticle | Published in 2005 in Journal of the Geological Society 162 (6)DOI: 10.1144/0016-764904-148Chris. H. OkuboRichard A. Schultz