27 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 27 for .
Geologic Time: Era and Period
Geologic Time: Epoch and Age
27 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 27 results for term "*" .
- Restricted accessWhere does the time go?: Mixing and the depth-dependent distribution of fossil agesBy Rebecca C. Terry and Mark NovakArticle | Published in 2015 in Geology 43 (6)Publisher: Geological Society of AmericaDOI: 10.1130/G36483.1Rebecca C. TerryDepartment of Integrative Biology, Oregon State University, 3029 Cordley Hall, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USAMark NovakDepartment of Integrative Biology, Oregon State University, 3029 Cordley Hall, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
- Restricted accessMendicodinium mataschenensis: a new endemic dinoflagellate cyst from the Late Miocene (Tortonian) of Lake Pannon (Austria)By Ali Soliman, Susanne Feist-Burkhardt, Mathias Harzhauser, Andrea K. Kern and Werner E. PillerArticle | Published in 2013 in Palynology 37 (1)Publisher: AASP - The Palynological SocietyDOI: 10.1080/01916122.2012.662180Ali SolimanInstitute of Earth Sciences, Graz University, Heinrichstrasse 26, 8010 Graz, Austria Geology Department, Faculty of Science, Tanta University, Tanta 31527, EgyptSusanne Feist-BurkhardtSFB Geological Consulting and Services, Odenwaldstrasse 18, D-64372 Ober-Ramstadt, GermanyMathias HarzhauserNatural History Museum Vienna, Geological-Paleontological Department, Burgring 7, 1010 Vienna, AustriaAndrea K. KernNatural History Museum Vienna, Geological-Paleontological Department, Burgring 7, 1010 Vienna, AustriaWerner E. PillerInstitute of Earth Sciences, Graz University, Heinrichstrasse 26, 8010 Graz, Austria
- Restricted accessClimate-averaging of terrestrial faunas: an example from the Plio-Pleistocene of South AfricaBy Philip J. Hopley and Mark A. MaslinArticle | Published in 2010 in Paleobiology 36 (1)DOI: 10.1666/0094-8373-36.1.32Philip J. HopleyMark A. Maslin
- Restricted accessThe Hamilton Bar Fauna: evidence for a Hypsithermal ageBy C. S. Churcher and P. F. KarrowArticle | Published in 2008 in Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 45 (12)Publisher: NRC Research PressDOI: 10.1139/E08-066Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 3G5, Canada, and Department of Natural History, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, ON M5S 2C6, Canada.Present address: 2230 Windecker Drive, Gabriola Island, BC V0R 1X7, Canada.Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada.
- Restricted accessUnique Quaternary environment for discoveries of woolly rhinoceroses in Starunia, fore-Carpathian region, Ukraine: Geochemical and geoelectric studiesBy Maciej J. Kotarba, Marek Dzieniewicz, Wlodzimierz J. Móscicki and Henryk SechmanArticle | Published in 2008 in Geology 36 (7)Publisher: Geological Society of AmericaDOI: 10.1130/G24654A.1Maciej J. KotarbaMarek DzieniewiczWlodzimierz J. MóscickiHenryk Sechman
- Restricted accessLate Pleistocene northward-dispersing Bison antiquus from the Bighill Creek Formation, Gallelli Gravel Pit, Alberta, Canada, and the fate of Bison occidentalisBy Michael C. Wilson, Leonard V. Hills and Beth ShapiroArticle | Published in 2008 in Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 45 (7)Publisher: NRC Research PressDOI: 10.1139/E08-027Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Douglas College, P.O. Box 2503, New Westminster, BC V3L 5B2, Canada.Department of Geoscience, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada.Biology Department, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-5301, USA.
- Restricted accessAMS-dated late Pleistocene taiga vole (Rodentia: Microtus xanthognathus) from northeast British Columbia, Canada: a cautionary lesson in chronologyBy Richard J. Hebda, James A. Burns, Marten Geertsema and A. J. Timothy JullArticle | Published in 2008 in Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 45 (5)Publisher: NRC Research PressDOI: 10.1139/E07-064Royal British Columbia Museum, 675 Belleville St., Victoria, BC V8W 9W2, Canada. Also at: Department of Biology and Schools of Earth and Ocean Sciences and Environmental Studies, University of Victoria, P.O. Box 1700, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2, Canada.Curator Emeritus, Quaternary Paleontology, Royal Alberta Museum, Edmonton, AB T5N 0M6, Canada.B.C. Forest Service, Prince George, BC V2L 3H9, Canada.University of Arizona, NSF-Arizona AMS Laboratory, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA.
- Restricted accessPaleoecological reconstruction of a lower Pleistocene large mammal community using biogeochemical (δ13C, δ15N, δ18O, Sr:Zn) and ecomorphological approachesBy Paul Palmqvist, Darren R. Gröcke, Alfonso Arribas and Richard A. FariñaArticle | Published in 2003 in Paleobiology 29 (2)DOI: 10.1666/0094-8373(2003)029<0205:PROALP>2.0.CO;2Paul PalmqvistDarren R. GröckeAlfonso ArribasRichard A. Fariña
- Restricted accessSkeleton of a leopard frog (Rana pipiens) from Champlain Sea deposits (ca. 10 000 BP) near Eardley, QuebecBy J. Alan Holman, C. R. Harington and R. J. MottArticle | Published in 1997 in Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 34 (8)Publisher: NRC Research PressDOI: 10.1139/e17-092
- Restricted accessOn discerning the cause of late Pleistocene megafaunal extinctionsBy Michael W. BeckMichael W. Beck