67 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 67 for .
Geologic Time: Era and Period
Geologic Time: Epoch and Age
67 results found
Showing 1 to 10 of 67 results for term "*" .
- Restricted accessAragonite-calcite seas—Quantifying the gray areaBy Uwe Balthasar and Maggie CusackArticle | Published in 2015 in Geology 43 (2)DOI: 10.1130/G36293.1Uwe BalthasarSchool of Geographical and Earth Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UKMaggie CusackSchool of Geographical and Earth Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
- Restricted accessMagmatic eruptions and iron volatility in deep-sea hydrothermal fluidsBy Nicholas J. Pester, Kang Ding and William E. Seyfried Jr.Article | Published in 2014 in Geology 42 (3)DOI: 10.1130/G35079.1Nicholas J. PesterDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USAKang DingDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USAWilliam E. SeyfriedDepartment of Earth Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
- Restricted accessAnalyses of fluid inclusions in Neoproterozoic marine halite provide oldest measurement of seawater chemistryBy Natalie Spear, H.D. Holland, Javier Garcia-Veígas, T.K. Lowenstein, Robert Giegengack and Heide PetersArticle | Published in 2014 in Geology 42 (2)DOI: 10.1130/G34913.1Natalie SpearDepartment of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19014, USAH.D. HollandDepartment of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19014, USAJavier Garcia-VeígasScientific and Technological Centers, University of Barcelona, Barcelona 08028, SpainT.K. LowensteinDepartment of Geological Sciences, State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, New York 13902, USARobert GiegengackDepartment of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19014, USAHeide PetersLeibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education, University of Kiel, D-24118 Kiel, Germany
- Restricted accessCO2 degassing from hydrothermal vents at Kolumbo submarine volcano, Greece, and the accumulation of acidic crater waterBy Steven Carey, Paraskevi Nomikou, Katy Croff Bell, Marvin Lilley, John Lupton, Chris Roman, Eleni Stathopoulou, Konstantina Bejelou and Robert BallardArticle | Published in 2013 in Geology 41 (9)DOI: 10.1130/G34286.1Steven CareyGraduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, 215 S. Ferry Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882, USAParaskevi NomikouFaculty of Geology and Geoenvironment, University of Athens, Zografou, 157 84 Athens, GreeceKaty Croff BellGraduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, 215 S. Ferry Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882, USAMarvin LilleySchool of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USAJohn LuptonPacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Newport, Oregon 97365, USAChris RomanGraduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, 215 S. Ferry Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882, USAEleni StathopoulouDepartment of Chemistry, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Zografou, 157 84 Athens, GreeceKonstantina BejelouFaculty of Geology and Geoenvironment, University of Athens, Zografou, 157 84 Athens, GreeceRobert Ballard
- Restricted accessSeawater chemistry driven by supercontinent assembly, breakup, and dispersalBy R.D. Müller, A. Dutkiewicz, M. Seton and C. GainaArticle | Published in 2013 in Geology 41 (8)DOI: 10.1130/G34405.1R.D. MüllerEarthByte Group, School of Geosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, AustraliaA. DutkiewiczEarthByte Group, School of Geosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, AustraliaM. SetonEarthByte Group, School of Geosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, AustraliaC. GainaCentre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, CoE, University of Oslo, Oslo 0316, Norway
- Restricted accessTwo opposing effects of sulfate reduction on carbonate precipitation in normal marine, hypersaline, and alkaline environmentsBy Patrick MeisterArticle | Published in 2013 in Geology 41 (4)DOI: 10.1130/G34185.1Patrick MeisterMax Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, Celsiusstrasse 1, 28205 Bremen, Germany
- Open AccessGreen rust formation controls nutrient availability in a ferruginous water columnBy Asfaw Zegeye, Steeve Bonneville, Liane G. Benning, Arne Sturm, David A. Fowle, CarriAyne Jones, Donald E. Canfield, Christian Ruby, Lachlan C. MacLean, Sulung Nomosatryo, Sean A. Crowe and Simon W. PoultonArticle | Published in 2012 in Geology 40 (7)DOI: 10.1130/G32959.1Asfaw ZegeyeSteeve BonnevilleLiane G. BenningArne SturmDavid A. FowleCarriAyne JonesDonald E. CanfieldChristian RubyLachlan C. MacLeanSulung NomosatryoSean A. CroweSimon W. Poulton
- Restricted accessHolocene fluid venting at an extinct Cretaceous seamount, Canary archipelagoBy Andreas Klügel, Thor H. Hansteen, Paul van den Bogaard, Harald Strauss and Folkmar HauffArticle | Published in 2011 in Geology 39 (9)DOI: 10.1130/G32006.1Andreas KlügelThor H. HansteenPaul van den BogaardHarald StraussFolkmar Hauff
- Restricted accessNegative correlations between Mg:Ca and total dissolved solids in lakes: False aridity signals and decoupling mechanism for paleohydrologic proxiesBy Mark D. Shapley, Emi Ito and Richard M. ForesterArticle | Published in 2010 in Geology 38 (5)DOI: 10.1130/G30718.1Mark D. ShapleyEmi ItoRichard M. Forester
- Restricted accessMetals in deep liquid of the Reykjanes geothermal system, southwest Iceland: Implications for the composition of seafloor black smoker fluidsBy V. Hardardóttir, K.L. Brown, Th. Fridriksson, J.W. Hedenquist, M.D. Hannington and S. ThorhallssonArticle | Published in 2009 in Geology 37 (12)DOI: 10.1130/G30229A.1V. HardardóttirK.L. BrownTh. FridrikssonJ.W. HedenquistM.D. HanningtonS. Thorhallsson